Question

Zapier not creating Deals in HubSpot as expected

• 14 December 2020
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have a rather simple Zap API process that’s not yielding the expected result, even after a successful test. I want Zapier to trigger the creation of a new “Deal” in Hubspot whenever I send an estimate to a customer. My Zap setup looks pretty simple, but I’m now wondering its incomplete? Appreciate any help or feedback! 

-Frank

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots or a video of how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to evaluate and advise, thanks.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Troy! See screenshot. Forgive me if this seems woefully incomplete; this is all pretty new to me. )

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Can you please provide screenshots of how each of those Zap steps are configured?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Frank Picarazzi 

To followup, have you tested this zap live and it’s not creating deals? Or it’s creating them with incorrect data formatting/missing fields?

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu. I performed a successful test, although honestly I’m not sure how Zapier fetched the data to test; it retrieved an old estimate from a client that had converted over a year ago, but I allowed it, chose the fields from QBO that I wanted to export into HubSpot, ran the test, and then saw the newly created deal in HubSpot. I then turned the Zap “on”, created a brand new dummy estimate from scratch in QBO, but *that* new estimate has yet to be exported as a Deal. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone - here are the configuration screenshots:

2. 5.

Images in this post were edited by a moderator to remove private information. For your safety and security, please do not share share personal or private information in the Zapier Community.

Userlevel 1

sorry @Troy Tessalone here’s the final configuration step:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

FYI: QBO Triggers are NOT instant, so depending on your Zapier plan it can take up to 15 minutes for the Zap to trigger.

Troubleshooting Tips

1. Did you check the Zap Task History for errors? https://zapier.com/app/history/
  2. Check your app connections are still properly authenticated here: https://zapier.com/app/connections
  3. Check the criteria in the links below required for QBO to be used with Zapier.

About Quickbooks Online's Integration

• Admin/owner permissions: Admin
  • Paid/versioned account: Paid

Free Plan on Zapier

Because of the way Intuit bills for connections into Quickbooks, we're unable to provide this application under free or non-trial accounts. If you upgrade to a paid Zapier plan you will have full access to Zapier and Quickbooks!

Token Expired

Sometimes this happens because you change your password in Quickbooks, revoked our app's permissions, or the authorization expired (sometimes Quickbooks resets them). You should be able to just connect or reconnect your Account in Zapier. For example, in your account settings:

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thank you! I just checked HubSpot and indeed, the new deal is there, so it probably did take around 15 min to integrate. I guess I was expecting an immediate output based on the results of the test. 

Do you think this current Zap will update a record as well? For example, if I make a change to the QBO estimate, like to the shipping address or zip code, will that flow to the linked Hubspot deal? 

Also, further to that; I have another zap that completes this process; when the estimate in QBO is converted to an Invoice, I want to trigger a “stage update” in the corresponding HubSpot Deal (which had been created in the first Zap explained above). Any tips on how to properly configure this Zap?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you think this current Zap will update a record as well? For example, if I make a change to the QBO estimate, like to the shipping address or zip code, will that flow to the linked Hubspot deal?

No.

The Zap will only trigger for New Estimates in QBO.

The Zap is configured with an action to Create Deal in HubSpot.

FYI: QBO via Zapier does NOT offer a trigger for Updated Estimate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Also, further to that; I have another zap that completes this process; when the estimate in QBO is converted to an Invoice, I want to trigger a “stage update” in the corresponding HubSpot Deal (which had been created in the first Zap explained above). Any tips on how to properly configure this Zap? 

Might make sense to add a Custom Property to HS Deals where you can store the QBO Estimate ID to be used to search for the HS Deal to update.

You’d have to first Find the Deal in HS.

Then you’d have to Update the Deal in HS.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone. I’ve created the custom Deal field “QBO Estimate ID” and have updated the Zap to include this field in the creation of new deals triggered by QBO estimates. 

The “updates” you’ve mentioned in your previous message; those are “manual” updates, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Frank Picarazzi

Not sure if this clarifies the “updates”...

QBO does not have a Zap trigger for an updated estimate.

HS has a Zap action for updating Deals.

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone so, can I achieve automated Deal stage updates via HubSpot’s Zap action, based on QBO activity? Net/net, if an estimate in QBO is updated in any way, I’d like the corresponding deal in HS to reflect those changes. Understood that QBO does not have a Zap trigger for updated estimates; can the HS Zap action achieve this update? FYI, I have created the “QBO ESTIMATE ID” customer property in HS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Can I achieve automated Deal stage updates via HubSpot’s Zap action, based on QBO activity?

No, if you are trying to trigger for a QBO updated invoice because there is no trigger for that event.

Below shows the available QBO triggers via Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

can the HS Zap action achieve this update?

Yes, there is a HS Update Deal action available.

BUT, w/o a QBO trigger to know about an updated estimate, you wouldn’t be able to update the HS Deal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There may be a more technical way to get the desired QBO trigger for updated estimate event using QBO  webhooks: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/develop/webhooks

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone thank you so much for all of the help. I’ll look into the webhooks!