Best answer

Zapier Jira and Gmail integration comment and resolution

• 4 May 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m creating a zap that is integrated with jira, when a issue is closed and has a label = support

an email should be sent out to a user in the email field only if it exists.  In the Gmail template I’m trying to send out : 
in the Gmail email Body field . I can get data out from jira for the following fields: Key, ticket summary, 

Description: Fields Description Content Content Text:

I can’t find how to include the jira ticket Resolution and last comment or any comment. 

I don’t see these 2 fields listed in 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 7 May 2020, 12:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Seawin ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are running into this!

Could you share a screenshot of your configuration so that we can get a better idea of your mapping? This will help us troubleshoot and get you squared away!

Userlevel 1

I was able to add a new find field to solve this issue ty

Userlevel 1

I have a trigger set on jira, when ticket status changes to update fields in google excel sheet.
I mapped my fields, to lookup field by key/id.
I am able to update the excel sheet fields.  

I have a comments field that I would like to update in the excel sheet.  BUT
 I’m able to get comments from jira but, this puts all the comments.  How can I just update the google excel sheet with ONLY the last comment from jira.  It seems all the comments from the jira ticket are added to the field in jira.  Has anyone been able to just retrieve the last one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Seawin! I moved one of your posts into this thread as it looks like they’re the same issue, I hope that’s ok!

You mentioned that you were able to do what you needed with using find fields - did that also work for your Google Sheets/Excel question? And would you be able to share a little more detail about what you did in case another member has the same question? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Seawin ,

Checking in to see if you are all set with this Zap or if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Seawin!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)

Userlevel 1

everything is good now

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for confirming, @Seawin :)