Best answer

Zapier isn't removing {{text}}

• 21 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

anyone know why Zapier isn't removing unused fields text from 'doc created from template'? Instead it's just replacing with the word 'remove' !

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by jesse 5 March 2021, 19:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@josef 

Can you show us some screenshots of how you’ve got that step setup.

Userlevel 1

zapier has emailed me to say it’s an issue on their end. I believe set up is all correct.

Userlevel 1

Bump. I’m having the same problem. Is there a fix for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@rahhb 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @rahhb!

I just checked the issue and it’s still open. I don’t have an ETA at all for when it might be resolved, but I’ve added you as an affected user as well, so when there’s a resolution you’ll be notified via email.

One of our customers offered a workaround. They decided to use Paths and set up multiple Docs templates to account for known input variations.

Perhaps not ideal and not suitable for all workflows but figured it was worth sharing here, in case it can help anyone.

Userlevel 1

It's actually quite a big issue for us and we are thinking of cancelling our annual account because of it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey everyone! Just closing the loop here to let anyone following along know that this issue was resolved on August 28th. If you run into this again, please contact our support team so they can investigate. Thanks!