Best answer

Zapier import from Stripe to Quickbooks adding VAT twice

We have an eCommerce website that is automated so when someone buys something they download it straight away. We want to make everything automated and have linked Stripe to the site and then used Zapier to link Stripe to Quickbooks to create a sales receipt and expense for the fee.  The only issue I am coming up with is that the prices on our site and the sales Stripe takes include VAT but I can not work out how to tell Zapier to tell Quickbooks that. So when a sales receipt is created in Quickbooks it is adding VAT again - therefore all the prices are wrong i.e. £12 sale (which includes VAT) but when sent to Quickbooks the sales receipt says £14.40 with £2.20 VAT so it has added it again. 

Any ideas who to move this across to include VAT so that is shows up correctly on the sales receipt as being £10 services + £2 VAT = £12 total sale?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 21 June 2022, 22:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @MWM 

Good question.

Believe Stripe provides different data points related to the amount for the transactions.

For example, total, subtotal, discount, etc.

Perhaps, there is a different data point variable you should use to map from Stripe to QBO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi ya’ll! 👋🏽 I wanted to swing by and provide some details our friends in support provided it’s helpful! 🤗:

How to go about this depends on whether all orders coming in from Stripe would carry VAT and whether the tax amount would always be the same. 

So assuming that all Stripe orders come with 20% VAT added, then you could add a Formatter by Zapier > Numbers > Perform Math Operation or Spreadsheet-like formula step (before the Sales receipt action) to calculate the net amount from the gross amount (like 1.Amount/1.2). 

So if you inserted the formatter action here: 

4e15cb229b39d11640594a230da1a853.png 

(Click here to view larger)

Then you'd want to map the output of this new formatter step in the QuickBooks action like so: 

0564868a207ebe87301d2c6c1829daa5.png 

(Click here to view larger)