Question

Zapier had trouble retrieving custom fields from MySQL.

• 4 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello , I am trying to get tables fields from a MySql database, I had successfully made the connection to the database and list of tables are visible in Set up action , but I am unable to get fields list from any of the listed tables.
I am getting this error ( or warning)
Zapier had trouble retrieving custom fields from MySQL.

Can you please guide me, how to solve this, also if I need to set permissions of any kind , please let me know which commands to execute and how can I read and write data through ZAPIER.

I want to setup a task in which I want to use some data from my email, to move it to one of a table of my MySql database.

Note : I had added Zapier IP (54.86.9.50) as whitlisted IPs in my DB server.

Please help me. 
Thanks
Vishal

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Vishal!

It can be tricky connecting MySQL to Zapier as there are a lot of different permission settings!

I’d recommend checking out our help guide: Can’t connect to my Database

If you run through the tips there and are still having trouble, please get in touch with the Support Team using the Get Help form, as they will be able to take a closer look at this with you 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey Vishal! Just wanted to check in to see how you’re getting on with this. Was the guide Danvers linked to here helpful in fixing your Zap?