Best answer

Zapier -> Google Sheets

• 28 April 2021
  • 6 replies

I have a zap setup to update a google sheet (Sheet A) when a sale is made, and then within Google (Sheet B) I pull data from Google (Sheet A) but when the zap triggers it adds another row to sheet B for some reason so the data cant be pulled (i.e. row 18 to row 18). Did I set this up wrong?? How would I fix it?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 29 April 2021, 01:17

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @Kevin Wathey, hope you’re well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to get things working with the info from Troy, or can we still help out here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Kevin Wathey I suggest exploring these more advanced GSheet formulas, to isolate the desired data.

INDIRECT + ROW

FILTER

IMPORTRANGE

QUERY

ARRAYFORMULA

Thank you for the answer. 
I noticed that which is why I had it being added to a separate sheet and then trying to pull the data from that sheet as a workaround, but it adds a row to the sheet the data is being pulled into and I don’t know how to fix that...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kevin Wathey 

The way Zapier works with GSheets is that it actually adds new rows (aka inserts rows) to the GSheet, meaning the number of Rows in the GSheet grows, which is why your formulas on the other tab break.

You may want to explore more advanced GSheet formulas

INDIRECT + ROW

FILTER

IMPORTRANGE

QUERY

ARRAYFORMULA

Hi Troy,

Customer buys a product.
Sheet (TMM Zapier Spreadsheet) Updated Customer Information -*This works correctly
Sheet (TMM Sales Analytics) Pulls Data From Above Sheet (='TMM Zapier Spreadsheet'!C23)
 - I have the =’xx’ formula filled out for the entire sheet so essentially when a new sale gets made it should just pull that row from the previous sheet and cell, but what’s happening is what was formatted as C23 changed to C24 and every cell moves up a number and then doesn’t correspond with the row it was supposed to be affiliated with so the new data entry doesn’t pass from sheet to sheet...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Kevin Wathey 

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured.

Also, please outline a specific example and what you’re expecting the behavior to be.

Thanks.

Make sure to check the available help articles for GSheets related to Zaps: https://zapier.com/apps/google-sheets/help