Best answer

Zapier Email Sending to Wrong Contact

• 1 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

I have a zap set up to send myself an email notification when someone submits a form on my ClickFunnels account, however it sent an email to the new contact instead. I have the “To” email set to one email, my work email, so it will send the notification there everytime. 

Has this happened to anyone else before? 

Thank you, 

Taylor 

icon

Best answer by Twills009 2 April 2021, 00:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Twills009 

Can you please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured?

Also, check your Zap Runs history details to see the DATA IN/OUT for each step: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone

I’ve attached a screenshot of the outbound email set up action. I’ve also attached the trigger set up too if you need it. Is there anything else I can provide? 

Thank you!

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember to obfuscate any sensitive information as this is a public forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Twills009

Perhaps the issue is that you’re testing using your same info and maybe you have a shared email inbox?

Can you please provide proof that the email was sent to the wrong recipient with a screenshot from your Zap Runs history details? (https://zapier.com/app/history/)

By checking your Zap Runs history details for the DATA IN/OUT for each step you can determine what data points were populated to which fields.

Try searching for a unique data point in the Zap Runs that you can use to trace and troubleshoot.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Troy Tessalone

Thank you for your help. Just to confirm, per the attached screenshots it shows the Data In/Data Out “To Email” is the same and it looks like this is the only email receiving the notification now. It seems like it is working correctly now, but just wanted to double check here. Thank you! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Twills009 Yes, that looks correctly configured.