Best answer

Zapier doesn't find certain products in shopify

• 13 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I want to set up a zap to link shopify and teachable when a new order with a certain product has been set.

But Zapier doesn’t find that product in shopify.

I’ve created an order (paid and fulfilled) but Zapier doesn’t find the order. It’s finds some other orders, not all of them.

Can it be that the products in shopify lack some information?

Kind reagards

Paws

icon

Best answer by steph.n 30 April 2020, 02:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Paws, thanks for writing to us! Happy to help here.

It sounds like you’re trying to use line item support. I was curious if you’ve mapped out the Description fields as described in this help doc: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/use-line-items-in-zaps. I asked because I’ve done this before where I’ve mapped the correct item, but not the other fields which caused Zapier not to find all the orders I had hoped for it to find.

If you’re still having troubles, please let me know and we’ll work through this together. Thanks!

Hi @Paws, thanks for writing to us! Happy to help here.

It sounds like you’re trying to use line item support. I was curious if you’ve mapped out the Description fields as described in this help doc: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/use-line-items-in-zaps. I asked because I’ve done this before where I’ve mapped the correct item, but not the other fields which caused Zapier not to find all the orders I had hoped for it to find.

If you’re still having troubles, please let me know and we’ll work through this together. Thanks!

Hi @steph.n 

I’ve done the filter and line items. But I think that the specific product isn’t found by Zapier. 

Actually, I’ve noticed that Zapier finds a few products to filter, but not all my product.

I created a new order for a product. But Zapier doesn’t find the order.

Is there a setting I have to apply in Shopify to make it visible for Zapier?

Kind regards,

Paws

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Paws - I’m really sorry for the delay getting back to you on this! I can see that you’ve also been in touch with the Support team and they were helping you. In this case they’ll be in the best position to help, so if you still need some help with this Zap the best thing to do is to keep talking with them via email. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Paws - We noticed that you received a response from our Support team. We wanted to share the solution: 

For some additional info here, any paid order from Shopify will trigger your Zap:

a3fce4aa7914eafc764e937d123ce5db.png
(view larger)

Once your Zap is turned on, then all these orders will start firing off your Zap. I think you've got the right idea using a filter to only continue if! However, I think you'd want to modify your step to only continue if it contains "Dogs in Touch" instead.

c58b83171654862f7c054dc6a6ba0799.png
(view larger)

If you're not finding the "Dogs in Touch" product in your samples that are available from Shopify, you won't need to worry too much about that. What might be best in this case is turning your Zap ON first, then you can submit a test order for your product. If we need to tweak the filter at all, that will help us know the best way to do that!