Best answer

Zapier & Discord

• 13 January 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3

I have setup that each post of the MCoCTrucos twitter account will be posted in one channel in Discord. Now the first 2 times everything was running smoothly, now the only thing I see is the URL and not the complete message like before.

what I’m doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Ryuk 23 January 2020, 07:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Ryuk mind posting a screenshot of your Discord step? You might also try reselecting the fields to see if that helps as sometimes old data gets caught in your Zap. Let us know and we can go from there!

Userlevel 3

I have tried.

It works for some times as intended and the another time i have only the URL...

This is how it should be:

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 11.59.55.pngAnd this is how it shows often:

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 12.00.04.png

No changes have been made between the 2 posts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Ryuk It sounds like you may need to reselect all fields in your Discord action step. If that still doesn't work, are you able to take screenshot of the action template of the Discord step of your Zap? From there, we can see what you've got mapped and make suggestions.

Userlevel 3

Here the screenshots:

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 11.30.15.pngAnd now a surprise, 3 choices and they are all the same, maybe this creates issues?

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 11.30.28.pngAnd the last part:

Screenshot 2020-01-18 at 11.30.50.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ryuk I wanted to address this comment:

And now a surprise, 3 choices and they are all the same, maybe this creates issues?

JK5GKHFAX3NC.png

From what we see here is three sample tweets that were "Pulled in 1 week ago" -- these are not the latest tweets, but instead three samples you pulled in last time. They may or may not be the exact same as each other as you would need to hit the drop down for each of these to see what each tweet says. You can also click the "Get More Samples" button to get more current tweet samples/examples.

I recommend clicking on the "Get More Samples" button to get a more recent tweet, and selecting the more recent tweet and click "Done Editing" Then go to step 2 "Send Channel Message" and test that, see if it comes through correctly.

The long and short of the issue is more likely on Discord. I was hoping there was a setting for "expanding links" or displaying "link cards" or something like that in the step 2 "Send Channel Message" -- as it's on Discord to take the Tweet URL and expand it to actually grab the embeddable Twitter card.

A couple more diagnostic questions:

• Has it stopped expanding all of these links or does it expand some and not others?
  • Is there a pattern to the contents of tweets it expands and tweets it doesn't expand?
  • If you copy the URL from an unexpanded tweet and post it "manually" to a Discord channel (the same one) does it expand the twitter card?
  • If you add text or spacing on either side of the link does it always, or never expand the link?

Basically Zapier and the Zap are doing their job, Discord might have another setting or rational for expanding some links or not.

Userlevel 3

I have verified and sometimes the URL are opening (expanding) and somethimes not.

I'm trying to understand why...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ryuk I did some digging and have found that this is a known issues with the Zapier Discord integration.

I've added you as an affected user on the issue, which lets the team know how many folks are affected and also means that you'll get an email when we have an update.

In the meantime, I'm sorry for the hassle here!

Userlevel 3

Hi @Danvers

thank you, I have done some additional tests and seems that the section "find data" (in Twitter) is the one affected.

If I refresh the list of mentions by clicking on "see more samples" and select the most recent one, when I click on "retest & continue" everything goes smooth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Ryuk - that's good to know, thanks!