Best answer

Can’t trigger Zap again for previously errored Airtable records

• 24 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Context:

Airtable view has new events appear. → In On24, a new event is created with details from Airtable → On24 event details are pulled back to Airtable. 

Some of my event date/times had extra characters (“ET” for eastern time) appended on the end. that caused the zaps to error out. I’ve since gone back to fix the Airtable data.

Things I’ve tried to get it to work:

• I tried rerunning the Zaps to no avail. Zapier didn’t repull the data from Airtable to see that I fixed it.
  • I deleted the zap runs to try to get the items to run again, “We couldn’t find any new records”, that didn’t work.
  • I turned off the Zap, changed the view in Airtable to exclude the records in question, turned the zap back on, waited 5 min, ran the zap manually, changed the Airtable view to show the records in question, reran the zap manually, “We couldn’t find any new records”, that did not work.
  • copied the zap, changed the view in Airtable to exclude the records in question, turned on the zap, ran the zap manually, changed the Airtable view to show the records in question, reran the zap manually, “We couldn’t find any new records”, that did not work.

This looks to me like Zapier is excluding these records because they’ve been run already, but I don’t have a way to access the runs anymore. Even if I could, they wouldn’t run because Zapier isn’t pulling updated data from Airtable.

any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by PaulKortman 24 February 2021, 23:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

@PaulKortman in another Question, you said you set up a webhook connecting to Airtable’s API. I’m new to these concepts, but I’m a quick study. Can you show me how you set this up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BBolduc 

Here’s an article:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@BBolduc If you take a look at the article that Troy linked to then you’ll see a workaround to make it happen. 

There is a possible workaround with the airtable API as well. 

However, quite recently Airtable’s Zapier integration added a new trigger for updated records. 

Using this will allow you to “update” a record by editing the record (add a column that is just for this and add “yes” in that column for each record you want to trigger this zap and it will)

I’d recommend using this trigger instead of either of the other workarounds … it’s significantly easier!