Best answer

Zap to create payment and send receipt in Zoho Invoice

• 19 March 2020
  • 3 replies

I do bookwork for a charity, and we receive tax-deductible donations.  We use Reckon One for bookkeeping, and Zoho Invoice to issue donation receipts, as there is no receipt function in Reckon One.

I have set up a Zap to create a new invoice in Zoho Invoice when a Receive Money to our gift fund account is created in Reckon One.  This works fine.

What I am now trying to do is continue that zap to automatically mark that invoice as paid and send a payment receipt, if the item name is Donation.

The only action events I have for Zoho Invoice are Create Contact Person, Create Contact, or Create Invoice.  Nothing to create a payment, or even update an invoice.  So I’m guessing I’ll need to use webhooks or something similar, but I can’t seem to get my head around them.  Is anyone able to help?

icon

Best answer by steph.n 27 March 2020, 04:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @AspireAdmin ,

Thanks for reaching out!

You are correct- there are no actions for Zoho Invoice to create a payment or update an invoice. These are current feature requests and I have added you as an interested user. If these actions become available you will now receive an email :slight_smile:

In the meantime, I am going to escalate your question to our Support team so they can dig deeper on how to create this workflow!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @AspireAdmin - Just an update: Spencer had send you a response via the ticket that Liz escalated.

Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@AspireAdmin - Looks like Spencer added you to our wish list to request this feature. 

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!