Best answer

Zap to connect Asana to CSV to Box

• 5 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey guys,

I’m new to Zapier but I’m very excited about the product and what it can do for me. 

Here’s what I need.

I need all my Asana tasks imported into a CSV that needs to uploaded in my workspace in the box.

I want the Zap to run everyday at midnight so that next day when I login I have all the relevant task info  stored in an excel on box. Any ideas how I can do that.

Thanks,

Satty

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 9 October 2020, 01:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Satty!

For what you’re trying to accomplish, I’m afraid there’s no super straightforward way to do it. If you’re not opposed to using Google Drive/Sheets as a middle step, there’s a workaround that can be used there. Thinking through it, I believe it would require multiple Zaps in order to do this.

It also means that you’d have to add your Asana tasks to a Google Sheet as each one is created, as opposed to being able to import all of them at once. If you’re still interested in tackling this workflow given what I mentioned above, please let me know and I can dig in a bit more for you :)

Userlevel 1

Hi Nick,

You read my mind. Was thinking of switching to Google Sheets. Its OK to add a row for every task. The idea is to take a snapshot of all my tasks at the end of the day. We don’t have a lot of users or tasks for now. So it should work. Love to hear your ideas on the Zap. I think 1 Zap combing Asana-->GoogleSheets > Box should do. What are your thoughts.

-Satty

Userlevel 1

Actually I have made progress with gsheets. Only problem now is that I’m not seeing my data in box even though the file gets created. Not sure whats happening here. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

-Satty