Best answer

Zap not triggering - Facebook leads to Mailchimp

• 17 January 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

My Zap for Facebook leads from a specific form to send to Mailchimp with a group and two tags isn't running. I've followed Zapier's help guides for this and taken steps like ensuring Facebook and Zapier connection permissions, turned the Zap on/off etc but no luck... The sample data is pulling through and tests running correctly...

This is only my second zap (the last was doing something totally different) so I wonder if there's something very obvious I've neglected... Any ideas or pointers much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tasha

icon

Best answer by TashaSRefugeeCouncil 24 January 2020, 15:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @TashaSRefugeeCouncil

Welcome! So, from what I've been told before, for FB Lead Ads when you pull a test in the zap editor, vs when it runs live, it's a slightly different authentication system.

I'd put money on the issue being with permissions, although if you say you've followed them, it's hard so pinpoint where, Zapier support will likely be able to assist as they've got access to more detailed logs behind the scenes.

You mentioned on Twitter this is urgent, so just in case Zapier don't get back to you before then (and maybe @Danvers or @jesse can do something the escalate your ticket?), can you set it so that FB email you the details of a new lead? If so you can use Zapier Parser to scrape those details into a zap and end up with pretty much the same functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

With Facebook Lead Ads there are a lot of different permissions that you need so it's very easy to have one that's not right.

The Support Team will be able to walk you through each of the settings, and you can also find a list of things to try in this help doc:

Facebook Lead Ads - Integration Help & Support | Zapier

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot Andrew for the contact on Twitter and reply here. Ah I see re. configuration being a bit different with tests and when live...

Thanks for the reply also Danvers!

So I've looked through all of that and disconnected/reconnected in all areas mentioned and no luck yet... Have manually added everyone to Mailchimp for now but still keen to see if can resolve as our lead ads will be running again from tomo... Might have to be next week now unfortunately with weekend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@TashaSRefugeeCouncil It sounds like we're going to need to do some deeper troubleshooting into this issue for you. I am escalating this to our support team and they will be in touch soon.

Userlevel 1

Great thanks Jesse, I'm offline shortly 'til next Wed morning, hope we can resolve next week.

Userlevel 1

Hi all thanks for your help with this, I followed all the turning off and on / permissions settings twice through last week and at some point the issue was fixed and the Zap resumed, hoorah! Not sure which part was the issue, and nothing did seem to be missing, but suspect it may have been glitchiness with Facebook Business Settings - integrations - Leads access - CRMs - Zapier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@TashaSRefugeeCouncil - glad you got this worked out!