Best answer

Zap is not finding new files uploaded to Google Drive Folder

• 27 November 2021
  • 15 replies

I just set up a Zap, the purpose being to share the mp4 video, that I upload in the Drive folder to social media accounts.

Here, the trigger is 'New File in Folder in Google Drive'.

The first time I created the ZAP, there was only one file, which it successfully fetched. Unfortunately, it is not detecting any new files that I am uploading. Every time, I test the trigger, it is showing it found a new file, but it is only showing the old one as a different file.

Whenever I try to run the ZAP manually, it is stuck at "Loading
Looking for new items...".

This is very urgent for me.

I am currently under paid plan and I have raised a support ticket with the support team and till now there is no response from their end. 

Do let me know what has gone wrong. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 1 March 2022, 19:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @jithinsanal,

Please ensure that the new files you are adding are in the specific folder you selected in the “set up trigger” step. Once you are confident it’s there try reloading the test data using the “load more” button in the “test trigger” step. 

If that doesn’t work or you already did that - I would recommend completing the remainder of your zap and then turning on your zap. Once your zap is on, I would then load in new file and test the entire zap all together (sometimes test data can be fickle).

Thanks for your response.

I made sure that I am uploading the MP4 files into the right folder of the Google Drive. The first file is also fetching without any issue. When I upload new files and try testing the trigger, its not pulling the newer files.

The Zap is completed and turned on. I tried to run the Zap manually and its still not detecting new files.

Hi @Jayden - Polygon Web Solutions,

Did you get a chance to look through? 

I made sure that I am uploading the MP4 files into the right folder of the Google Drive. The first file is also fetching without any issue. When I upload new files and try testing the trigger, its not pulling the newer files.

The Zap is completed and turned on. I tried to run the Zap manually and its still not detecting new files.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jithinsanal 

Check these help tips…

Try turning the Zap ON, then adding a new file to the GDrive Folder.

Then check your Zap Runs for the triggered Zap: https://zapier.com/app/history/

NOTE: The GDrive New File in Folder is NOT an instant trigger, and can take from 1-15 minutes to trigger depending on your Zapier plan.

Not all my files are triggering my new file in folder Zap.

The New File in Folder trigger has some nuance about what it will trigger on:

Google Files (e.g. Google Doc, Google Sheets etc)

• If a file was created within the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified fewer than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file was modified greater than 4 days ago and moved to the folder, the Zap won't trigger

Non-Google files (e.g. pdf or jpg):

• If a file is directly added to the folder, the Zap will trigger
  • If a file is directly added to the folder but was modified/created greater than 4 days ago, the Zap won't trigger
  • If a file is moved to the folder (even if it was added to Google Drive in the last 4 days), the Zap won't trigger

Also, you can't trigger or act upon a folder shared with you, so files added to folders you don't own will not trigger the Zap. The connected account must be the owner.

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Its been more than 20 hours I started this Zap. I try keep adding one or two files every 1-2 hours. 

Also, the ZAP history is empty.

The files that I am adding are new files, added directly to the folder. So it should be satisfying the trigger condiion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jithinsanal 

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support at this point: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

@jithinsanal

Probably best to open a ticket with Zapier Support at this point: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Already did. Two days back. No response from Zapier Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @jithinsanal, welcome to the Community! 

I can see that our Support Team have got back to you and you’ve responded to them today. I did some digging and there’s an existing bug report open for the New File in Folder trigger where it’s not always triggering for new files.

I’m not 100% sure if that’s the same issue you’re being affected by so it’ll be best to continue your conversation with our Support team to confirm this. They’ll be better able to investigate the Zap and determine whether you’re running into the same or a similar issue here. Please do let us know how you get on with this! :)

I am having the same exact problem, did you solve it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @vfd. Thanks for reaching out!

I can see you also opened a ticket with our support team, which is perfect. As Sam mentioned they should be able to dig in a bit deeper, reviewing your logs if necessary, to diagnose the issue. Please keep us posted though!

Also having the same issue, I’ll open up a ticket. Are we able to post more details on what that open bug / issue might be? Just trying to see if there is a potential workaround. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @cweber!

Unfortunately there aren’t any potential workarounds noted for that bug at the minute. It’s a bit tricky to determine from our side whether you’re being affected by that same issue as we don’t have access to the logs for your account. Our Support team will be best placed to determine if that bug is affecting your Zaps so opening up a ticket with them will be your best bet here. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hiya! I wanted to pop in and consolidate some of the responses here. As much as we’d love to be able to be able to diagnose definitively if this is a bug for ya’ll here in Community, the New File in Folder trigger is picky about what it will/wont trigger on.

For initial troubleshooting Troy touched on some great initial steps:

• If a file is directly uploaded to the folder, the Zap should trigger
  • If a file is moved to the folder (even if it was added to Google Drive in the last 4 days), the Zap won't trigger
    • Anything passing between one Google Drive folder and another is considered here
  • If a file is directly added to the folder but was modified/created greater than 4 days ago, the Zap won't trigger

If none of these apply and it’s still not triggering, as Sam mentioned, reaching out to Support is going to be the best way forward. 🙂 They’re able to pull logs and give a fuller picture about what’s going on and whether you’re being impacted by this bug. I hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction!

Hey to everyone any news on the topic ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there @Andrian 5CI! Thanks for reaching out. 

If you’ve had an opportunity to run through some of those initial troubleshooting steps and still no success, I’d recommend recommend opening a ticket so they’re able to dig in a bit more with you! 🙂