Best answer

Zap filters fault - Google Sheet to Mailchimp

I have a collection of Spotify playlists that artists submit their songs for consideration. Each time I receive a new submission, a Google sheet is updated with the relevant information. Once I have decided which playlist the song will added to, I add a tag which I hoped Zapier could send to Mailchimp to distribute a specific email to each person who submitted.

I setup individual zaps for each playlist so when the trigger contained the exact keywords, it would send the tag to mailchimp.

Unfortunately in the second part at “only continue if” when testing it says it has a “missing value”. I do not alway add a keyword to each cell in the selected column from Google sheets as can be seen below. 

Column e is where I add the keyword. How can I fix this as I setup for it only to trigger for the keyword “no” when the text exactly matches it.

icon

Best answer by ponvaskon 8 July 2020, 18:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Sandford,

As I understood, you have such an automation workflow:

1. The trigger is a new or updated spreadsheet row. 
  2. Filter that looks up into the column E (playlist) and continues only if it exactly matches the tag value.
  3. Add a subscriber to tag in Mailchimp.

In your case, the playlist cell should contain the "No" value to proceed. So, you have to add it to the cell if you want to use the exact match logic.

Best Regards,

Vasyl

Hi Vasyl

Thank you very much for replying and I understand your response. Are you saying that if I add no to the test cell then it should work fine as it just needs to pass the test?

Not all the cells will contain “no” as I have other tags I will also be using.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Sandford,
You are welcome! Correct, if you will add the "No" value, the test should be successful.
Don't worry about such kind of responses from Zapier when testing zaps. If you see that from the logical side everything should work, it will work even if you didn't have the test data when you created the zap.
Best Regards,
Vasyl