Best answer

Zap failing silently

• 27 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m using a JIRA query to trigger a zap to create a card in Trello, but appears to be failing to fire in specific occasions with no notes in the history. How can I either ensure that it doesn’t fail, or shows that it failed so I can retrigger?

Trigger: JQL match

Action: check to see if trello card already exists; if not, create

icon

Best answer by Danvers 17 April 2020, 16:02

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @klyman I’m sorry for the delay in getting to you on this! I think that this is going to be tricky to get to the bottom of in the Community, so I've escalated this to the Support team and someone will be touch via email to help you with it as soon as possible.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Danvers ! We’re finding non-zapier solutions to rectify for now, but would love to know if I set something up wrong. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I wanted to circle back on this in case someone is having a similar issue. We think that the trouble here is the way that the Jira New issue trigger looks for new information. 

The Jira Software Cloud trigger looks for new issues every few minutes and we get the top 50 results, sorted by newest to oldest in terms of their creation date. If there are more than 50 issues that meet the parameters, then the older ones wont be ‘seen’ and trigger the Zap. We think the issue with this not catching all of the Issues in Jira is probably that maximum of 50 results. 

In this case, the workaround was to switch to the trigger ‘Updated issue’ rather than ‘New Issue’ and to then use a filter step in the Zap to only continue if the issue met specific criteria.