Best answer

Zap Error on Salesforce Field Character Limit Even After Limit Was Updated

  • 23 March 2020
  • 1 reply
  • 102 views

Userlevel 1

I have a Zap that adds data to Salesforce. One of the fields initially had a character limit of 6. It was working for a time, but the data coming in began to exceed that limit, so an error occurred. I went into Salesforce and increased the character limit on the field to 10 and re-ran the steps of the Zap. On the same step I got the same error:

The weird thing is that when I go through the setup process the note below the field now says “This field has a limit of 10 characters.” but I still get the “maximum of 6 characters” error when I test the step.

 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 March 2020, 19:43

Hi @thejaneofalltrades! I can see that you got in touch with the support team about this and they were able to help you via email. 

 

It looks like the issue here was a field that needed to be cleared from the Zap editor and clicking the ‘Remove the extra fields’ button did the trick. 

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @thejaneofalltrades! I can see that you got in touch with the support team about this and they were able to help you via email. 

 

It looks like the issue here was a field that needed to be cleared from the Zap editor and clicking the ‘Remove the extra fields’ button did the trick.