Question

ZAP alert - ActiveCampain

• 3 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey

I am new to this and I am getting this error message:

Required field “Subscriber Email “ (contact_email) is missing.

I need help to find out where to fix it?

Annika

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

H @frejaloppe!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @frejaloppe! Were you able to get to the bottom of why you were seeing the error message ‘Required field “Subscriber Email “ (contact_email) is missing.’

Hey

I am new to this and I am getting this error message:

Required field “Subscriber Email “ (contact_email) is missing.

I need help to find out where to fix it?

Annika

I do use Active Campaign and sometimes it doesn’t seem to like email addresses that are not all lower case and claims they are “missing”.  Given that not everyone has an email address that adheres to the standard of lowercase I add a Zapier step using the Formatter. In your case, I would add this step in after your first step from FB.  It may not solve the problem, but it’s a good step to add to any zap that requires input from another source that may not be case-sensitive around email addresses.

HTH

This is how to set up the Formatter for lower case

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @frejaloppe 

I’m not a user of Active Campaign myself, but is it possible that people receive a double opt in email they need to confirm before they are added to the list?

Userlevel 1

I am not getting the error anymore - but the persons signing up for my freebie on FB is not getting on my list in ActiveCampaign automaticly. 

I attached all the screenshots og of my Zap, hope you can make something of it :O)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No worries @frejaloppe 

Can you show us some screenshots of what you’ve built so far and where you’re getting the error?

Userlevel 1

Sorry, I don´t even know what you mean by trigger :astonished:

I am using Zapier to connect FB and ActiveCampaign - but my ny contacts is not added to my list i ActiveCampaign automaticly.

Hope it makes sense to you?

Annika

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @frejaloppe 

What’s the trigger for your zap?