Best answer

YouTube to Tumblr problem - Bad Request error

Userlevel 1

YouTube to Tumblr
Sorry about the left side you can see the error?
Anyone else have this?

icon

Best answer by SamB 23 September 2021, 15:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jwo1908 

Check to make sure you are mapping or setting the correct values for each field type in the Tumblr action step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jwo1908!

Looking at your screenshot, the trouble seems to be the URL field.  

You need to use the video of the YouTube url in that field, it looks like you’re using the title. Try using the title and see if that does the trick 🙂

Userlevel 1

HMMM

That doesn’t seem to be it, just odd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwo1908 

Can you please provide a screenshot of how your fields are mapped in the ‘Set up action’ section of the Tumblr Create Video post step?

Userlevel 1

I have probably missed something (unsurprising). Is this what you have requested?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwo1908 

Click the little icon next to the Video.

This will tell you the type of data point expected for this field.

This needs to be a file url or a file object. (not the Video Title)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwo1908 

Make sure to reference the Description underneath the field for the type of data point expected.

NOTE: This should NOT be the URL.

The URL should go in the Video field.

Userlevel 1

Hmmm, I am sure I am doing something wrong….=)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwo1908 

The tags should be comma separated as indicated below the field.

Also, remove the leading # for each tag.

Userlevel 1

I don’t give up easily, but….

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@jwo1908 

May be best to open a ticket with Zapier Support for them to help you further since the Tumblr error response is not descriptive to indicate the issue: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jwo1908 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted that @jwo1908 reached out to our Support Team and they were able to identify the reason why the video wasn’t able to be uploaded to Tumblr. It seems that the video link supplied by the YouTube step doesn’t give access to the actual file itself, so the Tumblr action wasn’t able to upload it. 

There is an existing feature request for the ability to include the video file from YouTube, which would solve this issue and our Support Team has added @jwo1908’s vote to that. For anyone that comes across this closed thread and wants to add their vote to the feature request please contact our Support Team and they’ll be happy to add your vote! 

In the meantime, if we have any updates, we’ll be sharing them on the main thread for this request, here: