Best answer

Xero invoice to create bill in quickbooks

• 13 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I a trying to create a zap to create a bill in quickbooks when i raise an invoice in xero. The whole thing is working except for getting the correct line total as I am trying to add the line total and the tax amount together as the total line value in Quickbooks. I have used numbers to add them together but I get an error saying invalid number when trying to create the Quickbooks bill. I tried using the currency format option. I cannot get it to proceed, see screenshot 3.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 15 April 2020, 01:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Grant,

Looks like you’ve got a great conversation going with our Support team and they’re helping you out with this! If you have any further questions you can reply to that thread :)

Userlevel 1

Hi Nick, still not winning. I am battling to get the customer and project ref right in Quickbooks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Oh no! So sorry to hear that. A super common thing that trips people up when using QuickBooks actions is that they map trigger data directly to the Product/Service fields, but the incoming values are not something that QuickBooks will understand.

So for example, QuickBooks wouldnb’t understand Zapier Hoodie, Donuts, and Bread. Instead they’d want to see 32, 30 and 29:

In that case, you would want to use our Formatter app’s Lookup Table feature to create pairs of values (the incoming from Xero and the corresponding value that QuickBooks needs to see).

You can learn more about Lookup Tables here: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

Can you see if that’s the case here with your Zap, and take a stab at creating a lookup table if so? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Grantleishman, It’s been a while but we wanted to check back on this issue. That's great that you were able to get in touch with Laura from Zapier Support. We’re thrilled that you found a workaround! If you get the chance, please share it with us or let us know in the Tips and Inspiration area on this community. Thanks!