Best answer

WP Find Data (error)

• 19 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,

So im trying to connect my wp site to my CRM via a zap but im getting this error 

The app returned "Forbidden" with no further details. It looks like your connected account doesn't have permission to complete this step. You should contact the administrator for your account and make sure you have the needed permissions. We made a request to condoswap.ca and received (403) Forbidden.

the support page on this issue is lacking, besides telling me to white list AWS which my host does by default.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 30 May 2020, 00:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @testingguy ,

Thanks for contacting us- sorry you are running into this error here!

I am escalating this to Support as they will be able to dig into your specific Zap to troubleshoot most effectively. Sit tight and they’ll be in touch just as soon as they can!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @testingguy, it’s been a while but we wanted to check back on this issue. That's great that you were able to get in touch with Michael from Zapier Support. I’m afraid we have not heard back from you so we were wondering if you still needing assistance with this issue? Let us know how we may help!

What was the reply to this issue? I am facing the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

What was the reply to this issue? I am facing the same issue.

Hi, I’m afraid we don’t yet have enough information from the previous user to move the ticket further in our investigation process. Would you be interested in responding back if I started a ticket for you with our Support team? Maybe if you let us know further details, we can get this resolved. Let me know and I will get this done. Thanks so much!

Yes please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Yes please.

Done! You should’ve received an email from me and a ticket was created on your behalf. Our Support team will be with you shortly. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @getproducers, I see that you were able to get in touch with Leo and Spencer from Zapier Support. We think the solution mentioned would be worth sharing to the rest of the community so here it is:

We need the xmlrpc file to be active, that is how we connect to your WordPress site and perform these automations. We're having an issue because we can't access it, so turning it off won't help us here.

Do you have any security plugins, like JetPack on your site? Plugins like that can cause issues.

Another cause of 403 errors can be a misconfiguration on the server's end. Permissions set incorrectly on files or in .htaccess can make it impossible for us to connect to /xmlrpc.php. To look into that further if you think it could be the case I'd recommend reaching out to your hosting provider. They'd be able to look at that more closely with you.

Please let me know if you need anything else!