Best answer

word doc to text

• 11 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way of pulling data from a word doc in Onedrive? When I pull the file in, it always says file content too large, even for a 15kb one page doc. I want to parse the data and then add it to Airtable.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 18 August 2020, 15:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am not using Office 365 but do have a Onedrive account. I drag a word doc into the folder. I have the trigger set to when a new document is added. It sees the document and returns name,date, url … but the file content comes back as too large. Is what I am trying not possible at this point?

I had better results with google docs but we don’t widely use it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Taras101 ,

Sorry you are still running into trouble here! Can you try accessing your Word samples with a small dummy file and see if you have success? We recommend a file size less than 100MB to test this out and get the sample data.

If you are still encountering issues after pulling in your test data, you can reach out to Support to take a closer look at your file and configuration!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Taras101!

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, is this happening when you try to upload a Word document from Office 365 to OneDrive? I’m not even 100% sure that adding it to OneDrive will allow you to parse the data.

Have you found a way around this? And this is Office 365 and not Google Docs, correct?