Best answer

WooCommerce Webhooks slow to fire

• 13 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all - I have a number of sites which use WooCommerce and webhooks that trigger on New Orders. They usually run just fine - but occasionally one particular site - not very remarkable, although it does use a fair number of plugins - is very VERY slow to fire the webhook.

Most of the time it fires in anywhere from 1-5 minutes or so. But occasionally, with no pattern that I can see, it doesn’t fire for up to 1 hour or more.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 16 June 2020, 20:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks, Nick - all very good questions. 

Yes, WooCommerce & Zapier are at the same levels across all sites - 4.2.0 and 2.0.4 (weird, huh?)

At the time I posted the item, all were triggering on “New Order” although I have recently changed one of them to “Order Paid”. It’s too soon to tell if this has any effect on the problem, and it was switched out of necessity, not experimentation.

I agree, OM4 and I have had other discussions about the integration and the delivery of the order object - something I can get around by using the Woo API. These days I’m doing more with the API than the out of the box Zapier integration.

Thanks again for your input.

J.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @RisoSystems!

Generally speaking, with WooCommerce and trigger delays, the team at om4.io (who made the plugin) have said that they need to look at it on a case-by-case basis. As with anything WordPress-related (I know because I use it too) there are lots of factors that can play a part. They’re probably the best folks to reach out to in this case.

A few questions, though, to see if I can shed any light (or help you find the issue):

• do all of the Zaps use the same version of the WooCommerce integration in Zapier (it was recently updated)?
  • do all of the sites use the same version of the WooCommerce plugin (are some updated and others not)?
  • do all of the Zaps use the same trigger (like Order Paid, Order Created, etc)

That’s where I would start in terms of troubleshooting. What are the common (and un-common) factors between the sites that trigger quickly versus those that don’t. And I’d definitely recommend reaching out to the team at OM4 Software :)