Best answer

WooCommerce integration - no product categories

• 11 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

When using the the trigger Order in WooCommerce there is no data field containing the product category. This is severely limiting for segmentation as SKUs and product IDs don't always flawlessly indicate the category.

For numerous email marketing clients I've wanted to segment them based on the product categories in WooCommerce, Zapier provides every bit of information except this.

Why?

Edit: I've been testing with webhooks, Legacy API, etc as well but so far no luck. The product category is nowhere to be found.

icon

Best answer by SamB 4 February 2022, 13:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @Gonect ,

Have you tested below WooCommerce action?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Gonect! Thanks for reaching out.

I did a bit of digging and @jayeshkumarbhatia recommendation to include a “Find Product” action step sounds like this may fit your use case. Here’s some WooCommerce documentation outlining how to map to the product category.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Gonect ,

Have you tested below WooCommerce action?

Hi there, @Gonect! Thanks for reaching out.

I did a bit of digging and @jayeshkumarbhatia recommendation to include a “Find Product” action step sounds like this may fit your use case. Here’s some WooCommerce documentation outlining how to map to the product category.

I hope this helps!

I feel like I'm very close. Thank you both. Could either one of you maybe find out why my current Zap isn't working? I don't see what's wrong

https://zapier.com/shared/c1c503db5b38abfa914cce9aa1952886327f5ea9

Step 1: New order

Step 2: Create a loop so I can update my ActiveCampaign field with multiple categories when there's multiple products. My loop correctly shows 3 loop iterations, each containing a unique product_id.

Step 3: Find product in WooCommerce (category can be seen, yay)

Step 4: Find contact in ActiveCampaign. This way I can see what categories are already in a custom text field “categories”, so I do not overwrite them.

Step 5: Update a contact in ActiveCampaign. For the category field I enter [current field value from “Find contact] [category from “Find product”]

Ofc that's not what I literally enter, I select the right fields.

Step 3-5 all belong to the loop of step 2. To me this means all (in my test 3) categories should be in the ActiveCampaign text field.

My result: Only the product category of iteration 1 gets added, the rest is not there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gonect 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

NOTE: Including the share link to your Zap would only create a copy of the Zap in our accounts, and won’t provide us access the the Zap in your account with how it’s configured.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Gonect 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured, thanks.

NOTE: Including the share link to your Zap would only create a copy of the Zap in our accounts, and won’t provide us access the the Zap in your account with how it’s configured.

To avoid too many screenshots, I made a quick video going through the steps

https://streamable.com/dr8hw8

Userlevel 1

Please help me :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Gonect!

You mentioned previously that “Only the product category of iteration 1 gets added, the rest is not there.” Is this happening when the Zap is switched on and running live? Or is this occurring when you’re testing things out in the Zap Editor?

If it’s the latter, that would be the expected behaviour as Looping by Zapier the Zap will only create the first loop when tested. So it wouldn’t test out all the items in the loops during the test. In which case, if you turn on the Zap and run a live test then you should see all product categories get added.

Let us know if that’s not the case and you’re still running into issues here!

Userlevel 1

Hey @Gonect!

You mentioned previously that “Only the product category of iteration 1 gets added, the rest is not there.” Is this happening when the Zap is switched on and running live? Or is this occurring when you’re testing things out in the Zap Editor?

If it’s the latter, that would be the expected behaviour as Looping by Zapier the Zap will only create the first loop when tested. So it wouldn’t test out all the items in the loops during the test. In which case, if you turn on the Zap and run a live test then you should see all product categories get added.

Let us know if that’s not the case and you’re still running into issues here!

Thanks for your suggestion, Sam.

I've only tested in the Zap Editor so this could definitely be the case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You’re most welcome @Gonect! Hope all goes well with the Zap once it’s switched on. :relaxed: