Best answer

Why do I keep getting 401 errors when connecting with Salesforce?

• 22 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I am using Zapier to push records into Salesforce, when I authorise my account in Salesforce when adding to the Zaps page the connection is successful. I am able to see the related fields from Salesforce and even a few test runs of my zaps work, however usually within 5 minutes my Zap stops working because the Salesforce account needs to be reconnected, why does this happen?

Its a 401 error that occurs, and according to the help page this happens when the app access has been revoked or someone has changed the password, neither scenario has occured so I dont know why I keep needing to reconnect the orgs. (I have to do it every 10 minutes before it breaks again)

icon

Best answer by steph.n 1 May 2020, 01:35

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @imran.rahman ,

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry you are running into a 401 error here!

I’m escalating this to Support as they can dig deeper into your connection and take a look at our logs to troubleshoot. 

Sit tight and someone will be in touch as soon as they can!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @imran.rahman - Thanks for your patience. Jason from Support was able to reply back to you, but I wanted to share it here: 

I think the errors you were getting are too far back for me to see in our detailed logs, since our logs only last for 7 days. But I can see that some people have reported that their connections expire quickly and the workaround for now is to use the Salesforce (Legacy) version and not the latest version.

9fab717359a6a5050aea547680202052.png
(Link to full size picture)

I've added your name to a bug report for connection issues we're having with the new version. As soon as we get it squashed, we'll send you an email to let you know.

That said, I can see that your account is on the Free Plan, and since Salesforce is a premium app, you won't be able to turn on any Zaps with Salesforce in.