Best answer

Why can’t I find data for New Reaction Added in Slack?

• 17 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m unable to find data for the New Reaction Added trigger on a new Zap I’m working on. I’ve tried using a custom reaction and a ‘standard emoji’, but neither are working. I’m testing by adding the reaction to messages in a public Slack channel, but I’m still not getting any test data (I get “We couldn’t find a reaction”), which I take to mean that if I skipped test and enabled the Zap, my Zap simply wouldn’t work :(.

icon

Best answer by christina.d 16 November 2022, 00:11

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @daniel_boon ,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry you are encountering this issue! You have stumbled upon a known bug within Slack which prevents test data from being returned when using the reaction emoji trigger. 

I've gone ahead and added you as an impacted user so that the app's technical team can look at it. This does the following:

• Re-raises this issue with our dev team

• Adds weight to the issue in our queue

• Reminds us to update you once this is resolved

I don't have an ETA on when there might be a resolution, but you'll definitely be notified as soon as we hear back that it's been fixed.

In the meantime, some users have found that if they skip the testing step their Zap will trigger. Sorry we couldn’t be of more help but please do let us know if you have any further questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out and sorry you are encountering this issue! You have stumbled upon a known bug within Slack which prevents test data from being returned when using the reaction emoji trigger. 

Hey there!

I wanted to pop in and let ya’ll know this bug has been resolved and closed. The outbound email from my friend Scott said it best so I’ll share that here:

...when trying to test the trigger during Zap setup, you may have received an error or a notification that we couldn't find any reactions for the selected user or for you even though reactions existed.

Today we made usability improvements to the way we pull in example data when testing that trigger in the editor. You are more likely to get actual samples when testing and more likely to get samples that match the parameters you have set.

There’s nothing you need to do to take advantage of this fix for your current Zaps, but if there were some Zaps you were holding off on making with this trigger, now you can get off to the races!

I hope that helps! Thanks for your patience on this one and happy zapping! ⚡️