Best answer

When will Zapier support advanced features in Notion?

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

In light of Notions acquisition of Automate.io and them ultimately shutting it down to focus on improving API’s for other companies like Zapier - how much closer are we to Zapier actually working for Notion?

Right now all of my Notion automations are on Automate.io. I’d love to use Zapier instead but unfortunately none of my automations can be made with Zapier’s limited capabilities with Notion.

Heres the question: Will we be able to make advanced Notion automations on Zapier (as seen on Automate.io) before Automate.io shuts down?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 13 May 2022, 17:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Frederikvester 

Good question and one that you’ll want to open a ticket with Zapier Support to see if they are able to share additional info.

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, and Zapier keeps an internal list of app requests, although I’m unsure who owns the Notion Zap app integration (Notion or Zapier).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Frederikvester!

Are there any particular triggers/actions from Automate.io that you’d like to see added? I’m sure you’d like to see all of them, but what are the top 2-3 that would support your use case(s)?

Hi @Frederikvester 

Good question and one that you’ll want to open a ticket with Zapier Support to see if they are able to share additional info.

Most apps on Zapier are built and maintained by the app developers themselves, and Zapier keeps an internal list of app requests, although I’m unsure who owns the Notion Zap app integration (Notion or Zapier).

Thank you. I’ll try and open ticket.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Frederikvester!

Are there any particular triggers/actions from Automate.io that you’d like to see added? I’m sure you’d like to see all of them, but what are the top 2-3 that would support your use case(s)?

The main one I am interested in is the “Updated Database Item” I have a paid account on Automate.io just because the Zapier one does not support this (which I also pay for). Is there a place to track this feature request?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @CalvinHP, thanks for letting us know what you’re looking for with the Notion Zapier integration. There is currently a ‘Updated Database Item’ trigger for Notion, is it missing some of the information that you used to have when it was in automate.io? If you can let us know which I can see if there’s already a feature request for that addition. 

Broadly speaking, if there’s already a feature request or issue report for an integration then the Community Team can add you the list of interested users, which means that you’ll get an email when there’s an update. If it’s something that’s not been recorded before, then you’ll need to go through the Zapier Support team so they can log it for you. If you’re not sure, feel free to ask in the Community and we’ll let you know if it’s something that we can help with. 😁

Userlevel 1

I am not seeing that trigger that you are mentioning in my Notion integration

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @CalvinHP, I’m really sorry I just realised that I was looking at the wrong page. I was looking at the triggers that were available with automate.io and not the ones that are available with Zapier. I’m sorry for getting those mixed up!

There isn’t an Updated item trigger, but we do have a feature request for that addition. I can see that you’ve already been added to that feature request, so we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

We used to have one, and today I discovered it appeared as “Deprecated”. I really need this functionality, how do I get an update for when it’s available? @Danvers 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @guidolois Thank you for reaching out! I’ve added your vote for this feature request. We’ll update you via email once available. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey friends, apologies for the belated update. We appreciate your patience!

I double checked and it does look like Updated Database Item is an available trigger for the Notion app.

Keep us in the loop with any questions you may have!