Best answer

webhook POST with xml contents - email trigger

• 20 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I’m curious if zapier can accomplish what i am trying to to do. Here is the desired workflow. 

1. Email is received in an O365 mailbox with multiple xml files attached(ex. leads.xml, sales.xml, etc)
  2. Zap is triggered to POST the contents of the XML files to a webhook URL for a 3rd party service. 3rd party has the POST method in place. 

Is this possible? Are there other preferred ways other than going directly between apps. 

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 April 2020, 16:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @doubleA81 ,

Thanks for reaching out!

To help us determine if this is possible, could you share with us what third-party service you are aiming to use? 

Thank you Liz! I want to post to VTS.com.  Real Estate Data.  They already have an api webhook for this POST. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @doubleA81 sorry for the delay getting back to you on this one!

I spotted that you wanted to send the contents of the .xml files to in the webhook - that will be the challenge here. Zapier can’t extract the contents of the XML files, so you would need to find a third party app that would be able to do that. You could look into apps like Parserr, Parsuer or Mail Parser to see if they’ll do what you need. 

I hope that helps!