Best answer

We had trouble sending your test through.

• 23 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Streak > Google Contact

I would like to add to a specific group a contact just created thanks to a Zap in Google Contact but I am stuck when  Zappier ask me to fill the field required “Customize Group Contact”

Error 

We had trouble sending your test through. 

Person resource name "Fradin" must be in the format "people/ <person_id> ".

Thank you for your help 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 27 March 2020, 15:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Charles S Thanks for your question!

It sounds like you’re trying to add a contact to a group in Google Contacts, is that right? If so, then you’ll need the ID of the contact to use in the Add Contact to Group action. To get the ID, you’ll need to add a search step in the Zap.

So overall the Zap would look like this:

Trigger: Streak (whichever trigger you’re using)

Action: Google Contacts - Find Contact

Action: Google Contacts - Add Contact to group

Will all of the contact’s in Streak already be a Contact in Google Contacts? If some of them might not already be in Google Contacts, then you can set up the Find Contact step to handle that. In the Find Contact step, tick the box that says ‘Create Google Contacts Contact if it doesn’t exist yet?’ and then add any details that you need to create the contact. 

23cf204900caf38f394b2ebd0ed5b787.png

(View image larger)

In the Add Contact to Group step, for the ‘Contact’ option, select ‘Custom’ and then add the ID of the contact from the Find Contact step. 

That should get you all set, ​let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you very much but I am afraid this is a multiple step zap so it is not include in the free version? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, @Charles S!

Yes, it would be a multistep Zap to Find/Create a Contact and then add them to a group. And yes, that would require a paid Zapier account. I’m sorry if that makes things difficult for you!