Question

Ways to send data in batches from multiple records

• 15 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have multiple line items from a response and I need to send data in chunks to the action step.

For ex: I have 1000 line items and I can send only 100 at once in action step, can I send data in batches like in this case 10 batches of 100 items

Can I use google sheets or code mode by zapier to implement this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @Ajay - Thanks for the question! May I ask if you’re trying to retrieve this data in a single or in multiple sheets in a Google Sheets project? Limitations are at play here. 

Alternatively, Airtable can send 200 rows from a view at a time. 

Let me know if this was helpful.

Hello @steph.n I have a similar-ish concern.

I have about 800 Airtable records and need to process then via a Zap - is there a best practice recommendation for a method to batch and rate limit the zap?

I know I can create a temp Airtable view to trigger the zap, but that will flood the zap and only 200 can get processed anyway right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Foxy!

If you’re concerned about running into the rate limit for the Zap, the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Support team. In some cases and for specific Zaps, we’re able to raise the limit of records that will trigger the flood protection/rate limiting. If you get in touch with the Support team, they’ll be able to let you know if we can help in this instance. To do that, use the Get help form