Best answer

Using specific Intercom tags as triggers

• 2 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to create an integration where adding a specific Intercom tag (“support_ticket”) to an Intercom conversation will trigger the creation of a story in Pivotal. 

However, I’m not seeing a way to specify the tag name in Zapier.

In the Find Data samples, the Zap seems to be pulling in the latest Intercom conversations regardless of whether the conversations have tags or not, but it’s saying it found “Tag A”, “Tag B”, and “Tag C”, tags which don’t exist as tags in our Intercom account and which have not been added to the sample conversations presented.

Is it possible to specify the tag name in Zapier and create this Zap so that a Pivotal story is created only when the tag “support_ticket” is applied to a conversation? 

icon

Best answer by m.e 14 April 2020, 00:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Same problem here… found a solution?

This is currently not possible due to a bug w/ Intercom’s API. See answer from Zapier support here:

this issue is related to an open bug we have for Intercom. Specifically, this issue is the API for some reason doesn't support sending the tag names in the sample data. With the tag name, you'd be able to use the Filter by Zapier app to filter for the tags you want to limit your tasks to: https://zapier.com/help/filter/

I don’t have an ETA on when this will be resolved