Best answer

How do I post a Teams message in HTML format to make URL links clickable?

• 20 September 2020
  • 83 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi,

is there a way to post a Teams message as html format?
Currently it’s as text only and so e.g. URL links aren’t clickable atm when sending an automatic message to someone.

Maybe a switch which sets the content-type of the message to html or test if preffered would be very handy :)
Have a nice sunday!

icon

Best answer by SamB 12 December 2023, 10:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

83 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome @Thibaud! I’ve added your vote to that feature request. We’ll be in touch as soon as it’s available! 

@SamB 

Please add my vote also as I need the same feature.

thnak you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @TC-1! I got your vote added to that feature request and we’ll be in touch as soon as we know more. 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Mine too please, this is much needed as the chat that we currently recieve is just garbage without line breaks and links!!

@Danvers@SamB@christina.d Please consider my vote too to the feature request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here, @Abhishek Srinivas and @Nagasai!  

We’ve added your votes to the feature request as well. We’ll email you once there’s been an update on this! :)

I would like to be notified of this update as well please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely, @Nephar! Your votes been added and we’ll send you an email as soon as we know more. 🙂

Userlevel 1
Badge

Absolutely, @Nephar! Your votes been added and we’ll send you an email as soon as we know more. 🙂

Oh wow, this is exacly what I need, The ability to do Markdown and HTML into chat messages.

Can you please add my vote, and also let me know when it’s done!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Also, as a (bad) workaround, what I’ve done is instead of sending one big message to Teams as unreadable block of text, I've split it into three or four different steps.

i.e. instead of this

Step 2: Send to teams: Information A | Information B | Information C | Information D | Information E | Information F | etc

I have: 

Step 2: Send to teams:  Information A

Step 3: Send to teams: Information B | Information C

Step 4: Send to teams: Information D

Step 5: Send to teams: Information E | Information F | etc

Which appears as consecutive messages in the chat, and is at least slightly more readable!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @JayK! Most definitely, I’ve got your vote added to this feature request. We’ll be in touch via email when and if this gets implemented. 🙂

Amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this with the Community! 🎉 I’m sure it will be useful to some of the other interested members in the thread.

Please add me to the notification too. We’d love to add HTML to MS Teams chat message notifications. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @Andrew M! Absolutely. I’ve got your vote added to that. 🙂

Please add our vote! Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @Boffix! I’ve your vote added and we’ll be sure to send you an email when and if this gets implemented. 🙂

Me too please, my teams messages look terrible

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @RiFi. We’ve added your vote for this feature request and will be in touch as soon as it’s added! 

Yup. Same, add me. Very sad I cannot format messaging … a string of field values is ugly as all hell when sending the data.

Hi all, +1 from me. 

Chat messages cannot send html or markdown. If I try to format a link like this:

then I get this 

Same for HTML. This is pretty lame as a link would make this much more convenient for readers of this message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there, @CEllBlier and @Andrew B! I’ve added your votes to the feature request. Once it’s been implemented we’ll send you all an email notification right away! :relaxed:  

Add me too please. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @jim34897! Thanks so much for reaching out. I’ve got your vote added and we’ll be sure to keep you and the thread updated if and when this gets implemented. 🤗 

Add my vote as well…

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You got it, @1stMILE! Your votes been added. 🙂

Hi! When is this coming out? Please do add my vote as well.