• 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a sheet with two columan, looks something like that:

user_name | email

A                 | a@email.com

B               | B@email.com

C               | c@email.com

….

I need to use the sheet as a lookup table i.e if a is in the input then I need to fetch a@email.com.
The thing is that there might be more than one inputs A, B should fetch a@email.com, b@email.com.

Tried various option to accomplish that. The best guess was using “Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (With Line Item Support) in Google Sheet”, but that didn’t end up finding anything. The input for the “Find Many Spreadsheet Rows” step is a comma-delimited text - user_name,another_user_name.

Can you please help me as to how can I accomplish that?

*using the zapier lookup table is not relevant as I need that table to be dynamic.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 17 February 2021, 21:25

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DoronNess 

Depends on how you are structuring the rest of your Zap action steps, but check out the Looping app: https://zapier.com/apps/looping/integrations

Userlevel 1

Thanks! it does look good. I would like to understand what a possible scenario for using this from receiving the list of user - names user_name, another_user_name through getting the right values (emails).

The end goal is to get the list of users and send emails to all their address.

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Depends if you are sending individual emails vs having multiple TO/CC/BCC recipients sent on 1 email.

Zap Steps for individual email sends

1. Trigger: [APP] - [EVENT] (depends on the trigger app and event supplying the array of users)
  2. Action: Looping
  3. Action: GSheets - Lookup Row
  4. Action: [APP] - [EVENT] (depends on what app you are using to send the email)

Userlevel 1

Thanks! It seems to wok