Best answer

Use 1st Connection field data from LinkedIn to create Lead or Opportunity in Salesforce

• 24 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Does any use Zapier to push messages to 1st Connections that are now going from Octopus to LInkedin but to Salesforce and have them come into Salesforce as new Leads or Accounts and include the message as an activity?

Before I get serious with my limited time, I need to understand it’s full abilities and possible limitations.   

Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 August 2021, 16:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @HarryK 

Which LinkedIn Zap app are you using?

Which Octopus Zap app are you using?

Check out the available triggers/actions/searches for Salesforce: https://zapier.com/apps/salesforce/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It sounds like the goal here is to send 1st degree Connections from LinkedIn over to Salesforce using Zapier. So I just wanted to follow up here to suggest making a Zap with the following trigger and actions:

1. New Connection in LinkedIn - triggers when a new connection is added.
  2. Create Record in Salesforce - this action could be used to create a new Lead or Opportunity record in Salesforce. To add both a Lead and an Opportunity, two separate Create Record action steps would be required.

That said, if it’s possible that the connection coming in from LinkedIn already exists in Salesforce then you’d want to swap the Create Record action for a Find Record action instead. The Find Record action is able to search for an existing Lead/Opportunity record and create a new Lead/Opportunity record if one isn’t found.

We have an helpful guide on how to use search actions like the Find Record action here: Search for existing data in Zaps :)