Question

Uploading videos from my Google Drive to Youtube channel

• 20 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Greetings friends

I have the following problem after using zap (Upload video in YouTube when new file in folder in Google Drive)

however, the problem arises in the following part of the configuration in the "Video" field notifies me of the following error

despite trying different filters available in the "video" section (I even tried with the mp4 file option) as there are several video files that have that kind of encoding

the error in question is:

that's why, I'm attentive to which would be the most suitable configuration option, in the video field and in the name field so that zap can run without problems when detecting new video files inside a specific google drive folder.

Thanks in advance, for any help you can give me.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @ForYourIT Thank you so much for the contribution, but the truth of the matter is, the Google Drive field i chose is the same one you suggested! Kindly check the screenshot below for you be sure that my configurations are accurate

I even run a text after setting up each zaps and its triggers the video file i save on the Google drive for the configuration, but if i upload another video on that same Google drive it will not trigger

Thanks as i hope to see your quick response!

Hi there @Yunic - Question for you: when you say you uploaded another video, are you naming them the same thing like “Movie A” to overwrite? I’m curious if that’s the case because the Zap will not trigger if it believes the data isn’t new. Could you try again but this time name it like “Movie AA” to see if that fires off the Zap? Thanks!

CC: @ForYourIT 

Hello @ForYourIT Thank you so much for the contribution, but the truth of the matter is, the Google Drive field i chose is the same one you suggested! Kindly check the screenshot below for you be sure that my configurations are accurate

I even run a text after setting up each zaps and its triggers the video file i save on the Google drive for the configuration, but if i upload another video on that same Google drive it will not trigger

Thanks as i hope to see your quick response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Yunic,

Sorry I do not completely understand your explanation above but it sounds like you are still unable to upload videos to YouTube using the Zapier automation. If I am correct you are using the following workflow:

• Search for a file in Google Drive
  • Find the file and upload this to Youtube

In this Zap, make sure you use the Google Drive field “File” as shown in the picture below. We have created multiple workflows for our clients using YouTube as well, including Google Drive files, Thumbnail upload threw lambda and notification so feel free to message me if you have any more questions. 

~Bjorn

Hello Steph.n

Up-till now, I’m still battering just to upload, it’s so sad to subscribe to zap plan and I was unable to use it. 20,000 task all gone in vain without doing anything with it.

i even went as far as to delete the formal account and recreate a new one but still, nothing is working at all. As it is now, I’m on 14 days trial for the new zap account and I’ve equally connected back the 75 Youtube channel to be uploading on.

During the configuration of the zaps, the zap text was successful for the various channel I connected, then after connecting all the 75 youtube channel and I went back to upload videos on google drive again for the videos to trigger to the various Youtube channel link with the zaps. its doesn't work all, no videos were found in any channel

The zap steps are accurate and active honestly, I really don’t know the word to make of it. but my intention is to just see if there’s any help within this 14 days trial period so that I should upgrade the zapier plan, but if the issue is not rectified after 14 days I don’t think I’m going to pay a dime for any zapier plan again.

Currently, I still have a 0/1000 task for the trial period that I can not use!

Thank You!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Yunic -  It’s been a while but we wanted to check back on this issue. I’m afraid we have not heard back from you so we were wondering if you still needing assistance with this issue? Looks like you were able to get in touch with  from Zapier Support but we haven't yet heard back if the solution Clint sent was sufficient. Either way, we’d love it if you shared it with the community so that it may be helpful to others who are looking for the same answer.

Thank you!

I’m experiencing a similar problem, but mine is not showing any error message. All my zap steps are accurate with green marks, but still, after uploading movies on google drive no task is triggering to the youtube channels link to zap

I even went as far to disconnect my previous google drive account and change to a different one to setup a new zap, the zap test is successful but if i try to upload a new movie to the specified google account / new file in a folder it will still not trigger the task

Thanks in advance, for any help you can give me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @faiberts ,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay!

It looks like the field in question is looking for a file object. Could you share your Trigger mapping so that we can take a close look at what may be causing the error? 

Will be on the lookout for your response!