Best answer

Updating Fastfield lookup list with file on Google Drive

• 30 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

I’m getting stuck on setting up my first Zap and apologize for missing something obvious but I can’t seem to pass the Send Data test.  I’ve chosen the list in FastField (Device List Kenya) that was populated with the data in the file (AT_installed_devices_KY.xslx), and then copied that file up to Google Drive and typed that name in the File area, as shown below: 

But when I go to the next step, the test always fails, with this message:

I’ve tried using a .csv file and got the same results.

Thanks so much for any help!

icon

Best answer by AndrewJDavison_Luhhu 31 March 2020, 12:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Alex3SD 

Yeh, each GDrive search step can only find one file for you - so you’ll need to think about a logical way to build more in if you’re handling multiple files.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks so much for the quick and helpful reply!  Just wondering then what to do when I have multiple lists I need to update, using multiple files.  Is there a way to specify the filename, or do I need to have one file per subfolder that the Zap is looking for updated files in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Alex3SD 

You can’t just type the file name in that field.

You need to add a Google Drive search step to find that file. One of the fields that get returned from that search step will be a file object.

It will appear like:

“file: (Exists but not shown)”

You then need to map that field instead of typing the filename.