Best answer

Updating an Airtable Checkbox based on Trello Card Move

• 9 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

We have a list of projects in Airtable and have a Zap setup to create a Trello card for our technician to perform a job.  The Zap creates a card under a “New Jobs” list.  Once that project is completed and the tech moves the card to the “Finished Jobs” list, I would like to setup a Zap that marks a checkbox in the Airtable dashboard that the job is finished.  I’m running into two issues when trying to set this up - 1) The Zap is asking me to select a specific record in AT.  I need it to choose the record based on information on the Trello card.  2) It is unclear how to tell the Zap activate a check box in AT.

Has anyone been able to do this?

icon

Best answer by Seun Debiyi 9 September 2020, 11:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi @cyclemonkey , 

I would recommend using a search step just before your “update record” action to find the correct Airtable record. You would need to use a search based on information which is the same in both trello and Airtable which would allow you to point Zapier in the right direction. 

You can read more about it here: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/218151657

Userlevel 1

Thanks.  Just started using Zapier and learning its features.  Looks like I’ll need to upgrade account to perform multi-step Zap to do this Airtable update.