Best answer

Updating airtable Email alerts

• 21 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I’m hoping to use Zapier to send an email to “Collaborators” in Airtable each time a record is updated. 

I was able to create the first email alert perfectly by using the “Last Modified” field as the trigger, then I received a “ ('Sorry! That is too many emails sent. Please try Mandril, Mailgun, Gmail, or others for bulk email.', None)” error . 

Any advice on how to avoid this? I cannot use Gmail or any other mail client than Outlook. 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 21 April 2021, 02:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @balexand 

You might be better served using Airtable Automations: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050974153-Automations-Overview

TIP: You also may want to trigger based on a Last Modified field that only updates based on specific fields, rather than all fields for a Record.

Sorry! That is too many emails sent. Please try Mandril, Mailgun, Gmail, or others for bulk email.

To prevent the Zapier send email action being used for spam we throttle the send email action to 10 emails per Zapier account per hour.
If your needs exceed this you'll need to use a dedicated email sending provider like Gmail, Mailgun, Sendgrid, or Mandrill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @balexand, welcome to the Community!

Were you able to use Troy’s suggestion to solve this? Please let us know and if you’re still having trouble here someone from the Community might be able to step in to help! :)