Best answer

Updates in Google Sheets added as new records instead of updating existing records in Airtable

• 26 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello,

In short, my CRM is connected to a google sheet that updates columsn in the row everytime Certain CRM fields are udpated.

That informatino is then passed to airtable through the Zap that creates a record when a new row is added to the Google sheet. 

The issue is that when that particular row is updated it creates another record in airtable.

How do tell that zap to not create a new record in airtable if the contact already exists and just update the one that is there?

I do know that there is a create new record when the sheet updates zap (which is what I am using) and also a update record zap when the sheets updates. (Not using) 

Each row is identified by a unique number in the first column if that helps.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 26 February 2021, 20:43

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @erickam 

Try adding an Airtable Find/Created Record step to your Zap followed by an Airtable Update Record step.

Logic is to create if not found, then update either the created record or the found record in Airtable.