Best answer

Updates between two Pipedrive accounts

• 17 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, 

I am writing to you after doing many unsuccessful tests.
We, as the A company, use Pipedrive and we need to send (on the basis of a Pipedrive filter) some of our contacts, organizations and deals to a B company which also uses Pipedrive,

I managed to create the workflow with Zapier between the two companies creating the items I want in the B company. To avoid creating a duplicate if the organizations are not named the same way, I created a custom field on each side and I make a check on this criterion before creating the elements.

My big problem for a few days is that I can't find the right workflow to update these elements.

Do you know how I can do that? It would be very precious to me!

Thanks a lot!

Deborah

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 25 April 2020, 01:49

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @deborah.malpertu ,

Thanks for reaching out- sorry you are having issues with your workflow here!

Would you mind to share a screenshot of your configuration so that we may better understand how you have things set up? Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hello Liz, 

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Of course, I made several screenshots (I named it success/error) to explain my issues. 

• I have no problem to create a new organization in the “B Pipedrive Account” (based on one ID which is the same in the two accounts
  • I can create new deals each time a new deal is created in the “A Pipedrive account”
  • I cannot manage to update organizations & deals when they are updated in the “A Pipedrive account”

Don’t hesitate if you need more details in every steps. 

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards, 
Deborah 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @deborah.malpertu,

When you’re using an update step in a Zap and you want to use something you found in a search step, you’ll want to make sure you use the ID of the item you found. It’s not uncommon for people to use the title/name of the deal.

This is what you’ll want to select:

Can you make sure that you’ve used the Custom option and then mapped the ID from your search step?