Best answer

Update status issue on Jira is not working

• 3 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

The previous question was marked as solved, but it only provides a workaround. I’m hoping Jira/Zapier will work towards an actual resolution.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 11 August 2020, 15:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jbrady can you provide us with more information? Which previous question and what is the issue that you are referring to with Jira and Zapier?

Userlevel 1

Sure, the previous issue is 

My flow mimic’s that users: 

1. Issue updated in BugHerd
  2. find matching issue in Jira
  3. update issue in Jira

But this last step is not working. I get the error 'Zapier had trouble retrieving custom fields from Jira Software Cloud.' when selecting the Issue field (though it brings the status list). Then, when testing I get 'Could not obtain the list of editable fields from JIRA'.

It appears that the issue is in the integration within zapier, as I’m able to update the jira ticket via the Jira API.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jbrady, we don’t currently have an update on this, sorry about that. we do have an open report for this issue and I’ve added you as an affected user to that, which lets the team know how many folks are running into the issue and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.