Best answer

Update custom field on QuickBooks invoices

• 22 February 2021
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have a custom field I have created in each Quickbooks Online Invoice to record our actual shipping costs. I am extracting these costs from CSV files, but cannot figure out how to write this one value into this one field in an invoice.

I have the values ready in formatter, and have got the correct invoice in the QBO Action. All I need is a way to “post” this value in the custom field.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 8 March 2021, 20:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Its seems like I am having a similar issue, your answers though are not a solution to this. The problem is that the custom fields created in quickbooks are not showing when trying to create or update a record. Example, I am trying to add a record ID from one software to quickbooks to create a look up reference for other integrations, however I have no input field on zapier for my custom field in quickbooks, making this impossible to complete.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi there @GoldenChannels - Thanks for writing to us! It sounds like you may be needing a lookup table. Here’s a use case that another user did to get that field into the custom field:

We also demonstrate this here in our help article:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @RapidRestore - Ah, I understand the request you are asking now. Currently, this is not possible in QuickBooks but I do have an open feature request for this. I’ve gone ahead and added your upvote for this feature. We will reach out to you directly on email should we have an update to provide you.