Best answer

Is it possible to update an specific Firestore document with Zapier?

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to update an specific Firestore document with Zapier?

icon

Best answer by ikbelkirasan 6 July 2020, 10:54

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any update on this? Without a Firestore integration I’m forced to use a custom hook to update data, but that’s proving more complicated than it needs to be. Considering Firestore is the product Firebase is pushing most of its customers to, I would think CRUD operations would be supported here like they are for the older Firebase DB product.

Did you get this working?

Userlevel 1

Any update on this? Without a Firestore integration I’m forced to use a custom hook to update data, but that’s proving more complicated than it needs to be. Considering Firestore is the product Firebase is pushing most of its customers to, I would think CRUD operations would be supported here like they are for the older Firebase DB product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @andre, @Jimmy@llorenzo, @cyrilduchondoris and @staatscustoms!

I did some checking on this and it doesn’t look like we’ve got any existing feature requests for an “Update Document” action that I can add you all to. So I’d recommend reaching out to out Support Team about this. They’ll be able to open up a feature request for the Firebase/Firestore app integration and get your votes added to that. The best way to contact them is via our Get Help form. :)

Would love the ability to update a firestore document, (whether .update() or .set(doc, {merge: true}) rather than only being able to create a new document.

@Jimmy - Unfortunately, not yet. You should actually build a custom integration to implement this feature. 

Hello, I am also interested and I am a software engineer as well

Hi, I’m also looking for the update functionality with firestore. Any news to that? How hard is it to create a custom integration? Can you use the current create integration and extend it?

Thx.

@andre Hey I’d like to learn about that custom integration. I’m a software developer with experience building apps, but new to Zapier. Right now I just have the ‘create’ step.

Edit: So I got around this by adding a ‘version’ column in the spreadsheet and then building the document id from it so a new document is written when that value is changed. Then on the firestore end a cloud trigger function to delete the old version of the document. If someone can tell me how to create a hash value out of all the values in a sheets row and put it in the column ‘version’ then that would allow this work without manually changing the ‘version’ column.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jimmy - Unfortunately, not yet. You should actually build a custom integration to implement this feature. If you’re not familiar with that, feel free to email me at info@norapps.net and I’ll be happy to quote you on it.

@ikbelkirasan has this been fixed yet?  Is there anything that can be done to properly integrate with firestore?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@andre - Unfortunately, that’s not possible with the current Firestore integration as it only provides an action for creating documents. However, it should be possible with a custom integration. If you’re interested, feel free to send me a message.