Best answer

Update Deal in Hubspot if not exist

• 7 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone, everything good?

I am looking for a way to update Deals in the Hubspot if there is one with the same name, or create a Deal if there is none with the same name so that there are no duplicate Deals.

But I have a problem, I believe that for lack of knowledge here of the tool. But when I'm going to add a record that already exists in the Hubspot, instead of updating it, it creates a new duplicate Deal. And when I’m going to add a record that doesn’t exist in the Hubspot, it crashes on validation and doesn’t add the Deal

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 8 April 2021, 02:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Invest Bank - make sure to select the deal ID from the deal that was found. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Invest Bank 

Try these steps

1. Trigger: ???
  2. Action: HubSpot - Find/Create Deal
  3. Action: HubSpot - Update Deal (map the Deal ID from the previous step as @Nate suggested)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

hey @Invest Bank!

I wasn’t able to find anything that laid out the steps for updating an existing record if it’s found, or creating a new one if it’s not...so I wrote an article. Check it out:

That should help you understand how to do what Troy and Nate mentioned above :)

Userlevel 1

hey @Invest Bank!

I wasn’t able to find anything that laid out the steps for updating an existing record if it’s found, or creating a new one if it’s not...so I wrote an article. Check it out:

That should help you understand how to do what Troy and Nate mentioned above :)

Hello @Nicksimard, thank you very much! It helped me a lot, I had done most of the things you taught in your article, but for some small details it was returning error. You're a beast!