Best answer

Update company in HubSpot when deal in Pipedrive is updated

• 15 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,
I wish to create a zap that can update a company field in HubSpot, when a deal is updated in Pipedrive.

Background:
Intern sales team works in Pipedrive, and we have an external booker who works in HubSpot. We have provided a list of prospects in which have been labeled as “target group = Yes” in HubSpot (on a company level). 
To avoid overlap in prospects I wish to create the above mentioned zap that will make “target group = No” when a deal in Pipedrive (intern sales) is updated. 

Trigger:
Updated deal in Pipedrive

Action:
Update company in HubSpot

However, I cannot seem to map data correct from HubSpot. 
I have tried to add a “Find” step before “Update”, but without any luck. 

Have anyone tried something similar or know a way to make such zap work.

Best.
BSA

icon

Best answer by SamB 16 March 2022, 12:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BaseBSA 

Good question.

Are you able to post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured for us to have more context?

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

I’ve been in contact with Zapier support team. 
The issue im facing is a bug and a report is already open for this exact issue.

They suggested API-workaround using Webhooks by Zapier so I’m going to look into that. 

Thanks, anyway

Best,
BSA 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for following up here, @BaseBSA:slight_smile:

I’ve taken a look at your conversation with Support and it seems you’re running into a bug that’s causing a “There was a problem with the request” error. There’s no ETA on when the issue will be resolved but we’ll definitely be in touch by email (and will post an update here) as soon as it’s been sorted.

In the meantime, I thought I’d share the details of the workaround that Support suggested in case it’s useful to others running into the same issue:

“As a potential workaround, it might be possible to retrieve the information directly from the HubSpot API using the Webhooks by Zapier app as it allows you to configure a GET request to a specified endpoint. I have more information on how to send webhooks in Zaps here: https://zapier.com/help/create/code-webhooks/send-webhooks-in-zaps

I also did some digging on the HubSpot website and found this doc which might be helpful: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/webhooks