Best answer

Upcoming payment notification from QB reoccurring payments.

• 31 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Still wondering if anyone has figured out a way to send an email to a customer when their next reoccurring payment is upcoming in Quickbooks.  Right now I run a report monthly,  export to a spreadsheet, and apply some formulas, and have a zap that uses that email to send via outlook.  Would really like to eliminate the export process.

icon

Best answer by JWiles 31 March 2021, 15:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @JWiles 

Can you get QB to send you an email notification prior to an upcoming payment. If so you could parse and trigger a zap of that, maybe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@JWiles 

Or perhaps a solution where after the first payment you create reoccurring events in a Google Calendar and have zaps that trigger x days before that?

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the input, I’ll play around with these options.  The crux of it is QB needs to either offer this feature or  expose the scheduled transactions to Zapier so we can extract and go from there.  I’ve posted/requested to Intuit on multiple threads, but so far nada.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@JWiles 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for following up.  I created a piecemeal solution but it still has too many manual steps for it to be a permanent solution, see below.  So I guess the answer is yes.  I see no direct way to auto generate a notification of an upcoming reoccurring payment in QB online?

1. Auto receive report from QB
  2. Manually manipulate Data to determine which payments require notification, formatting columns, and use VLOOKUP function to pull in data from other spreadsheetsnecessary to complete template
  3. Run ZAP that creates email from resulting spreadsheet.  

Thanks

JWiles