Best answer

Unable to get value when looking for a file in Google Docs

• 17 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I’ve recently created a zap which allows me to create a google doc from a template. However, as I tried to convert the new document created to a pdf, I’m unable to “find” the document variable which the application suggested as File (Exists but not shown). I’ve tried to source for help when I came across this page on google drive differentiating between what is actually a file and what isn’t. https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-drive#unable-to-get-a-value-when-looking-for-file-is-it-missing

I believe I’ve created an “unreal” file.

I’d like to check if there are any ways to remedy this. Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 19 January 2022, 16:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @juanjun 

Please post screenshots with how your Zap step is configured.

Also, the GDoc Create Doc from Template step returns a PDF version of the created GDoc.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

Thank you so much for your reply. Here are a few screenshots of what I’ve set up.

So sorry I got to remove the contact number as it is an actual customer’s number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@juanjun 

You should only need the GDoc Create Doc from Template step, since that returns a PDF version of the file that you can use.

Search by “pdf” and use the application/pdf variable for the PDF link of the generated GDoc.

Hi @Troy Tessalone ,

I see. However, could I automate it and automatically create a pdf version of the document and stored it instead of having to search for the link with every output?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@juanjun 

Yes, that’s the idea.