Best answer

Unable to get Facebook Group post message

Hi,

I recently created a Zap to trigger whenever a new post is made to a Facebook group for which I’m the admin. I’ve added the Zapier app to the Facebook group, and can get the zap to properly trigger.

My issue is that I’m unable to get the message text of the post. I am able to get the timestamp and permalink of the post, but not the message text. Zapier shows “no data” whenever I preview the zap. Is this a known limitation in the FB integration? Is there something in the FB permissions I need to change?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by jesse 27 May 2022, 18:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @ashwin_unwrap how strange! I do believe we should be able to pull the message text of the post. Have you tried selecting different sample data in your trigger step? I wonder if the sample you chose was one that did not have a message body. You might also great a new message in the group and then test your Zap to see if it comes across for you within the sample data.

Let us know - definitely want to work with you to get this sorted!

Hey @jesse , thanks for the response. You were right, it was that the Zap was initially pulling in the first “post” of the group, which was the default group-creation post, and didn’t have any message data. Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@ashwin_unwrap woohoo! Super glad you were able to get this sorted and thanks for circling back and letting me know!