Best answer

Trying to create a Random email address

• 11 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I need help trying to create a Zap that generates a random email address. The email does not need to be valid.I have started a zap where it generates a random 10 digit number. I just can’t figure out how to take that random number and have a final email that looks like this 

(random number)@noemail.com   

My CRM requires an email to complete the zap. It does not have to be valid just in an email format.It does have to be unique email. That is why i used the random number generator. The last part of the email will always be @noemail.com.

Thanks 

Tom

icon

Best answer by jpot 11 June 2020, 16:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi! My name is Justin and I write for the Zapier blog. This is a really clever workaround for users without an email address! 

You can use Formatter by Zapier to generate a random number. Jesse actually outlined this in a community post, if you want to check that out: https://community.zapier.com/tips-and-inspiration-5/different-ways-to-create-a-unique-random-string-within-your-zap-84

In your case I’d add a Formatter step to your Zap to generate the random number, then pull that random number into the CRM as part of your email address. Let us know if it works!