Best answer

Trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier, getting an "Error parsing response" error

Userlevel 3

Hi, I’m trying to connect Wordpress to Zapier. I’ve installed and activated the Zapier plugin to wordpress. I go to log in to my Wordpress on Zapier, and I get the following error:

We hit an error adding your new account

authentication failed: Error parsing response. We got: "<!DOCTYPE html> <html style="height:100%"> <head> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by christina.d 24 August 2022, 00:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

163 replies

+1 can I be in the list, I have the same error

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @Florianccj!

I’ve added you to the list as well. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as there are any updates to share! :)

Userlevel 1

Is there a fix for this yet? Looks like this is at least 6 months old at this point. 

Userlevel 1

Hello @christina.d I don’t know why you closed my topic 

but this error is still there and i cannot connect.  I need to fixed it urgently as i am loosing a lot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or i would like to get my money back for zapier as it is not working and you are stealing my money because this is how we can call when you pay for sth and didn’t receive it.

Looking forward to quick response.

Please check that you put all of ppl in this thread and they have different errors …

Userlevel 1

I am receiving the “authentication failed: The Zapier WordPress plugin has not been activated on this WordPress site. Please install and activate it first: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-get-started-wordpress-zapier.”

Its a bit ridiculous that they have acknowledged this is an issue and yet aren’t fixing it as a priority… It’s a pretty significant bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @GWENC and @Jackonthenet! :)

@GWENC, I’m really sorry you’re still running into that “authentication failed: Error parsing response.” error. It appears to be the same error that was originally discussed in this thread and christina.d has added you to the bug report that relates to it.  

That said, I’ve been doing some further digging and it looks as though some users have been running into this “Error parsing response” authentication error when using plugins like reCAPTCHA and Jetpack. So one thing you may want to try here would be to turn off the plugins on the site and turn them back on one by one to try to identify which one may be affecting our ability to connect. 

@Jackonthenet, the error you’re running into appears to the same one as mentioned in chelseychubb’s previous message here where she talks about a potential fix for that. Can you give that a try and see if that solves it? 

I am having the same issue, I deactivated all security apps, removed and reinstalled Zapier app but still get the same error message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @DR1!

The error you’re running into appears to be different from the authentication failed: Error parsing response error.

With the authentication failed: 403 Forbidden error you’re getting, this tends to be caused by a security plugin or firewall blocking Zapier’s access. More on that here: WordPress - (403) Forbidden Error

As you’re still getting that error after disabling all security related plugins it could be that there are firewall or server settings that are preventing Zapier from accessing your WordPress site. I’d recommend reaching out to your website’s administrator/developer to make sure Zapier is allowed access.

Hope that helps! :)

I deactivated all security plugins before installing Zapier and still got this error message

What is the fix for the original issue? Is this bug fixed? I to am getting the issue and its not a security issue as I can connect gravity forms and zapier fine but not woocommerce?

I am having issue integrating my wordpress to zapier this is what I am  seeing while trying to set up the connection

Has there been a fix for this Error parsing response?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey all! :)

@DR1, I’m so sorry that disabling the security plugins didn’t work. It may be best to contact our Support team so that they can investigate this issue further with you. They will have access to the logs for your Zap and may be able to get some further insight into what’s causing that authentication failed: 403 Forbidden error. 

@allmyhoney, the authentication failed: Error parsing response error here relates to the WordPress integration, not the WooCommerce integration. I can see from this side that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about the different error you’re running into when connecting to WooCommerce and they are assisting you with this. If you have any further questions you can reply on that email thread and they’ll be happy to help! :)

@sonnysamson, I can’t see any screenshot attached to your message showing the error you’re seeing when trying to set up the connection to WordPress. Are you running into the same authentication failed: Error parsing response error? Or are you running into a different error here? 

@Amy creativesonall, there still isn’t a fix for the authentication failed: Error parsing response error unfortunately. I’ve added you as an affected user on the bug report. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s fixed. 

Userlevel 1

I don’t know if this will be helpful to anyone else, but I was getting the authentication failed: Error parsing response and found that deactivating the Bluehost plugins (Bluehost and Bluehost website builder) seemed to make it work (at least it works now for me). This will only be relevant if Bluehost is where you are hosting your site though (but maybe there is an equivalent designer plugin interfering?).

Hopefully this might help someone!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for sharing how you got past that error, @Animaker131! We really appreciate it! :) 

Having the exact same issue here. Please add me to the list...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @Reviewer Review. We’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll email as soon as we have an update! 

Userlevel 1

Hello there,

I am also interested in a fix for the parsing response error. It’s been a year since the first user reported it. I now solved it with running an old version of WP but other plugins aren’t working now :(

Thanks for letting us know, @Reviewer Review. We’ve added you to the list of affected users too. We’ll email as soon as we have an update! 

Hope, it’s not going to take another year cause thats’s how long you guy have been working on it, right? I mean, it took just a second on your forums and other wp ones to find out, how frustrating this has been to so many fans of zapier. Aren’t you guys worried you will eventually start loosing’em, even your die hard fans? What exactly is the issue, do you even know by now? I’m very dissapointed and frustrated since I’ve lost an entire week investing into fixing this, with pretty much vague, formulaic and generic respons from your support team, that doesn’t know much either. Looks like they’re in a blind spot when it comes down to this as well... I mean I wouldn’t have had to waste an entire week if you guys had just told me from the get go that this isn’t going to work. If you had just told me to check out some alternatives for the time being, I might have gotten back to you after you’d have already fixed the issue. I think you guys should be honest and frank with folks from day one so that folks don’t have to go trough the entire process of hitting the wall and wasting time, money and patience on trying to make something that doesnt work 100% to click for them. That’s just not fair play. Maybe I’m wrong  and the issue might be on my side but then you guys should step it up and be able to guide your custumers trough this entire journey. Idk...I hope you dont take this the wrong way. I’m just incredibly frustrated at this point . Good luck with the bug and please keep me updated. I’m not giving up on zapier just yet… All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, @Reviewer Review

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing your candid feedback regarding this bug. You’re right; it’s not ideal, and I fully appreciate how frustrating it is to invest hours and hours into troubleshooting and hit a wall each time.

The team has dug into this and while there are certainly many examples of users coming across this error, isolating it to a specific root cause has proven to be a much larger undertaking than originally anticipated.  I know a faster turnaround was offered earlier in this thread but this was prior to us fully understanding the scope of the issue.

I truly wish I had a time frame or estimate to provide that would set yours and the many users following this thread minds at ease but at this point it isn’t something we have available to offer.  That said as Sam mentioned, we’ll absolutely be sure to keep you in the loop as soon as we know more.

While I recognize this likely isn’t the response you were hoping for,  I do want to emphasize how much you taking the time to voice your concern is appreciated. Thank you for your trust, patience, and understanding! 🙏🏽

Hey all! :)

@DR1, I’m so sorry that disabling the security plugins didn’t work. It may be best to contact our Support team so that they can investigate this issue further with you. They will have access to the logs for your Zap and may be able to get some further insight into what’s causing that authentication failed: 403 Forbidden error. 

@allmyhoney, the authentication failed: Error parsing response error here relates to the WordPress integration, not the WooCommerce integration. I can see from this side that you’ve already reached out to our Support team about the different error you’re running into when connecting to WooCommerce and they are assisting you with this. If you have any further questions you can reply on that email thread and they’ll be happy to help! :)

@sonnysamson, I can’t see any screenshot attached to your message showing the error you’re seeing when trying to set up the connection to WordPress. Are you running into the same authentication failed: Error parsing response error? Or are you running into a different error here? 

@Amy creativesonall, there still isn’t a fix for the authentication failed: Error parsing response error unfortunately. I’ve added you as an affected user on the bug report. We’ll be in touch by email as soon as it’s fixed. 

So the first reply to this long thread was that Zapier knows about the issue and someone will look into it in a week or two. One year later, you tell us to contact support?

Well, I’m not in the position to advise you how to run a business, but FIRST:

KEEP YOUR PROMISES.

Otherwise there’s no business.

ZAPIER is dead.​​

Given up my premium account a while back BECAUSE of this.

Came back and there’s no resolve.

That’s more than hilarious. What kind of support and performance does Zapier provide? The absent kind?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Maxie, welcome to the Community! :)

Ah, it looks as though there was a subsequent update to the one that was previously highlighted as the best answer so I’ve marked that as the best answer for clarity on the status of the issue. I’m really sorry that this has not been able to be resolved yet, I realise how much of a blocker it is for setting up a workflow with WordPress. :(

I can fully understand your concerns and have passed your comments here over to the team. I can’t give an ETA on when the bug will be resolved but I can promise you’ll be notified by email once it’s been sorted.

If you are running into any further issues in the meantime I really would recommend contacting our Support team via the Get Help form for assistance. We don’t have any access to the logs for your account so we’re a bit limited in terms of the troubleshooting assistance we can give here in the Community.

Same problem here

For me, my solution was to disable the Really Simple SSL plugin before trying to re-authenticate. Perhaps it was causing a conflict...